Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ready or not ...

Well, here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for. I've had my name registered for a while now, but I just now finished my profile (thanks, all of you who keep checking back to see if I've written anything yet!) and I'm dead tired. But tomorrow, April 6 was my personal deadline for starting this blog, and I figure why wait until the last minute?
So now that I've officially started I can rest easy, and I promise I will start posting photos of my daily painting progress by Monday at the latest. I say daily progress instead of daily painting because lately I like to work big – 12x12 at the smallest and usually 16x20 or larger, and it would be really hard to finish a painting to my satisfaction in one day. At 2-3 hours of studio time a day it usually takes about 3-5 days to finish one. And after I live with the "finished" piece a day or two, I almost always see some last little adjustment I want to make and THEN I varnish. I hope it turns out to be interesting to see the process, each piece a new demonstration.
In the days ahead I'll tell about where the name Edgewood came from, and about my personal history with art.
And now I must go and join my very patient husband on the sofa for a little tv watching with a bowl of popcorn on the side. Please check back with me and keep me accountable for this daily blog thing!

No comments: