Monday, May 14, 2007

Sunset Rose at Sunrise



Sunset Rose at Sunrise © 2007 Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 • acrylic on gessobord
Gloss varnish for protection and ease of cleaning • sold unframed

Here’s the little painting for today. I sure am enjoying painting on these smaller boards! This started out as a pink rose, but I decided at the last minute that the sunset colors better balanced the bluish colors I wanted to use in the background. I used a palette knife some on the background (fun!) so lots of texture there, juxtaposed with the soft brush work on the rose.

I also did some more work on the Paris and Milan portrait this morning (I posted the beginning photos a few days back). I should be finished with that one by the end of the week.

Oh, by the way, the answers to what changes I had made to the Study in Vanilla painting (in the last post) are in the comments on that post.

And now I must go cook supper for my husband Paul and myself -- tonight is something fast and easy: stir fried chicken and veggies over rice. Yummy!

No comments: