Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Flagstaff Morning ... work in progress ...

I started this one yesterday ... another remembrance of our recent road trip west. It’s 24 x 18, acrylic on cradled gessobord. I’ll try to finish it today, if I can get my fingers to thaw out!


This is traveling west on I-40, just coming into Flagstaff. It was a chilly October morning; we had left our hotel in Holbrook before dawn, and had stopped a while back for gas and coffee. (travel note: you can pretty much count on the fact that Flying J truck stop will have French Vanilla creamer on tap ... ooo la la!) I was cozily ensconced in the passenger seat with a steaming mug cradled in my cold hands and hot air blowing on my frozen toes ... aaaahhh. The sunrise was behind us, making the sky ahead of us glow with wonderful, lovely, yellow and lavender light. I hope I can capture the feeling of it!

No comments: