Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Country Roads

1 Thessalonians 5:16 (from The Message translation)

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.


Bayou Country Road work in progress.
5 x 7 acrylic on Gessobord

Today is a very busy day in the middle of a very busy week, but I wanted to take just a minute for a coffee break to show this little one I started yesterday.

I love country roads. Winding ones through the forest, curvy, scary ones in the mountains, meandering ones through pastures,
straight-as-an-arrow ones through the desert. Like the one that I posted in my blog entry when I was blog-tagged last May.

I'm having to work extra hard to carve out painting time this week, and I only had a few minutes for it yesterday, but I made a good start on this one, I think. This is just about a mile down from our house, on a little dirt road that branches off from our main road. Another beautiful spring morning. Can't wait to get back to it!

And now I have to dive back into my busy day ... cheerio, all!

No comments: