Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bovine Intervention


Bovine Intervention ©2008 Karen Mathison Schmidt
7 x 5 inches • acrylic on Gessobord

sold • private collection, Milan, Illinois

After a few hours work on my commission piece today, I spent the rest of the afternoon painting this little picture. My very first cow painting. Ever. And what I discovered is that it’s fairly easy to suggest "cow" to the brain with a few basic shapes.

I love cows. They crack me up, don't ask me why. I came up with several ideas for the title. "A Penny for Your Thoughts" was the front runner, then Paul suggested "Bovine Intervention," which made me laugh. Quite heartily. I hope it makes you smile.

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

"She's baaaaack!" So very glad to see you blogging - your beautiful painting spread joy whenever I see them. Are cows great? Good to see you!