Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Painting Large


After the Storm © 2008 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
24 x 36 x 2 inches deep • acrylic on 2" cradled Gessobord • sides painted dark brown

Sold • private collection, Puyallup, Washington

I LOVE painting large ... and this painting was so very fun to do, with my favorite vivid colors. I used brushes on the sky, and palette knives on the mountains, making for quite a bit of nice texture in the foreground areas.

Here are some close up details:









Hey, I have some exciting news concerning my art, which I’ll share in a post in the next couple of days!

3 comments:

Kacy said...

I've been lurking on your blog for quite awhile now and I just had to come out of anonymous lurkdom to tell you how beautiful I think this painting is! Its absolutely incredible. The colors - the brush strokes - the layering - the whole energy of it. Just beautiful!

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy your blog and your art.

Karen M Schmidt said...

Thanks very much for your encouraging comments!

I'm so glad you emerged from the shadows of lurkdom ... I just visited your blog ... LOVE the pics of your "Kitty Quatro" !

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You know I'm a 'sky nut', and this is a gorgeous one!