Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Write love and faithfulness on your heart

Proverbs 3:3-6

Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.


Bear Valley Summer ©2004 Karen Mathison Schmidt
20 x 16 • oil on masonite

I took a break today from the daffodil painting, and I’m working on a new one with pretty cool subject matter that I haven’t tackled before. I’ll show it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I’m showing you my very first oil painting, which I painted several years ago. This is a view out back and down the hill from my aunt & uncle’s house in Bear Valley, a small community outside Tehachapi, itself a small town outside Bakersfield California. I love the colors in this ... some of the California landscape is just so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

Until tomorrow, amigos!

No comments: