Friday, June 5, 2009

Faith with shoes on

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people ...

Galatians 6:9-10a


This photo is just a teaser to show the subject of the painting I’m working on. It’s a different angle and different cropping ... stay tuned for photos of the actual painting progress.

Paul is doing very well and should be going home in a few days, then home health care will come and take care of him for a few weeks and teach me how to take care of his surgery wound during the 3-4 month period to full recovery.

Today Dan, one of our friends from church, came and mowed our lawn while I was up at the hospital with Paul. No small task, let me tell you. So when I came home this evening to feed the dogs the lawn was all fresh and smooth and beautifully manicured. Lovely!

Dan and his wife, Diane, are always doing things like that.

You know, putting shoes on their faith and walking it around doing good stuff for people.

And now all the dogs and cats are nestled in their various beds, bedtime treats have been dispensed, and I’m heading back up to the hospital to spend the evening with my husband.

Good night, all!

No comments: