Thursday, June 4, 2009

Praise the LORD, O my soul

a folk art painting from the archives ...


Rosy Morning ©2005 Karen Mathison Schmidt
10 x 10 • acrylic on wood
private collection • Malvern, Pennsylvania

This one that I painted and sold a few years ago has a particularly folk kind of feel to it. I thought the title was especially appropriate for today.

My husband came through his surgery this morning with flying colors, and is recovering well. He still has a few more days in the hospital, and I’m spending most of the time during the day there with him. I’m toying with the idea of bringing my paints tomorrow and working on my current painting there. We’ll see!
Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.


PSALM 103:1-5

No comments: