Saturday, November 21, 2009

Almost there ...

OK, this one is oh-so-close to being finished!

Dog Tired WORK IN PROGRESS



As I get closer to finishing, I’ve started working on each dog in detail, finishing that one before proceeding to the next. Now I think they’re all done, except for Matilda (far right), and I’m tweaking the blanket a bit. I’m contemplating the background, too -- I think it needs to be a little lighter, and maybe tinted a little more toward the teal. We’ll see.

I SO much wanted to finish this today; it was hard to stop myself from rushing through it, racing against the fading light. I was up a little too late last night (I have a part in a local theatre production of a Christmas comedy, The Trial of Ebeneezer Scrooge, and I was at rehearsal until 9:30, then a long drive home), I got a bit of a late start today (lazy, rainy Saturday morning, you know) and the light faded even earlier than usual because of the overcast sky.

I know, I know: excuses, excuses!

Here, let me distract you with a picture of some pretty lilies ... ooooo!


What? Lilies in November??

See ... you were distracted, weren’t you?

But anyway, hopefully if all goes well you’ll see the absolutely finished painting tomorrow ...

Good night, all!

No comments: