Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bloggable moments

Proverbs 17:22

A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Sunday Afternoon • 8 x 8 • WORK IN PROGRESS ...


I took a break from working on my online stores to work on this still life, and it’s almost finished, I think. The handle of the cup is not quite right, among other things, but it can be fixed!

One of the side effects of maintaining a blog is that you have a tendency to start seeing the little events in your daily life in terms of bloggable moments. A good thing about this is that otherwise annoying or inconvenient things can take on a more humorous aspect.

Like this bloggable moment, featuring good ol’ Henry.

Or these, featuring Ray.

Or this one, featuring our Redbone hound family.

Well, here’s another one: this afternoon during my painting, I was so in the zone for a good while that I didn’t even notice the creativity that was going on literally right at my feet. When I finally stopped and took a step back from the easel, I saw that Bailey had been busy creating a work of her own.



I thought her paper towel sculpture showed quite a bit of creativity and imagination. Or maybe she just thought I wasn’t sending near enough attention her way.

In any event, here’s the sculptress posing in front of her work. This is the one that will probably go on the front of the brochure for her gallery opening.




And while I was taking these publicity photos, Ray thought he would horn in on the action and snag a little artistic credit for himself.

Hm. Just goes to show you, some cats want all the glory
without doing any of the work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just stumbled onto your blog. Delightful work.