Monday, October 25, 2010

Louisiana landscape oak tree painting
work in progress ...

In the Morning II WORK IN PROGRESS
30x30 • oil on Gessobord


Here’s the oak tree painting so far ... I’m now at the point where I’m letting the spirit move me, referring to the actual subject matter only occasionally. Fun, fun, fun!

Oh, by the way, the kitchen floor? I don’t have any photos of my adventure yet, but underneath a layer of vinyl flooring from the ’80’s and a layer of lineoleum from about the ’30’s ... tongue-in- groove heart-of-pine wood floor!

It’s going to take some doing to get the tar-like adhesive off the wood. I’ve been doing some online research and have found out that it’s extremely difficult, but NOT impossible. It will probably take until Christmas. I think it’s going to be totally worth it, though.

Gotta go cook supper now ... cheerio!

1 comment:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Love how this piece is taking shape :)....good luck with the floor sounds an amazing find!