Thursday, November 11, 2010

The finished painting and a beautiful sunset

Here’s the final version of the oak tree painting:


In the Morning II © 2010 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
30 x 30 inches • oil on 2" cradled Gessobord
SOLD • private collection, Shreveport, Louisiana

After my last post, Denise asked if the painting she bought from me was the first In the Morning, but no, Denise, your painting is Oak Tree on a September Morning, pictured on the left. But you were right - it is the same tree as in this latest painting.


The first In the Morning, pictured on the right, was an acrylic I did back when we were still living in town. It’s one of the first ones I did after we moved back to Shreveport, and still is one of my favorites. Unless it’s moved since then, it lives in Greenville, Mississippi now.

Sometimes I miss living in town, but only sometimes. This afternoon, when I walked out to the road right around 5:20, this is the sight that greeted me:


How blessed am I, to be surrounded by such beauty every day!

2 comments:

Denise Rose said...

Just beautiful Karen! And you are right, you are very blessed to live where you do. Love that sunset!

Unknown said...

All three oak tree painting are wonderful, but my favorite one is In the Morning II. Love the form and the colors.

I am lucky too and live in the country and get to walk my dogs and view beauty each morning and evening.