Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Another New Day

PSALM 72:19 
Praise be to his glorious name forever;
may the whole earth be filled with his glory.
Amen and Amen.
Another New Day © 2011 Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 • oil on Gessobord

SOLD • private collection, Puyallup, Washington

No work-in-progress photos today, but I thought you might like to see my photo of the scene:


The title of today’s painting was inspired by an Eden’s Bridge song called Whole Earth, from their Celtic Praise CD. Because of some recent heavy rain, the pond in the pasture down the road from our house was filled to overflowing, splendidly reflecting the glorious colors of this late spring morning. It reminded me of this song.

You can listen to it here.
Whole Earth by Eden’s Bridge

Mist slowly rising,
The veil gently lifted
Revealing the splendour
Of another new day.
The valleys and hillsides
Are the prints of your fingers,
All lifting their faces
To the call of your name.

And I hear it beginning,
A feeling arising,
And a sense of your presence
In all I survey.

And the mountains and the hills
Shall break forth before you
With shouts of joy
And words of praise,
And the sunlight that glistens
Upon the waters
Will lift my heart
Once again,
And the whole earth,
The whole earth shall praise your name.

Flashes of scarlet
And glimpses of purple,
Echoes of birdsong
And the whisper of rain.
So intense an outpouring
Is bemusing my senses,
Creation responding
To the call of your name.

And I hear it beginning...

No comments: