Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gotta dance!


Today when I got up I couldn’t wait to get started on this next country road painting. Above is a photo of the actual road which inspired my last piece and this next one. I spent a lovely early morning painting, and got the underpainting finished before breakfast. After a leisurely breakfast with Paul, I cleaned up a bit and went to town to have lunch with two girlfriends I haven’t visited with for a while, and then we went back to the home of one of them and started playing her Wii ... the Broadway Dance game. What a workout, and what a blast! There we were, the three of us middle age ladies in a dance line, trying our best to keep up with all the right moves, and laughing our heads off. Two hours went by before we knew it, and it was time for me to go home.

I had so much fun, now I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to get a Wii.

And sorry, no pictures of me dancing, but here’s a cool picture of my water bowl after I swirled my paint brush in it for the first time this morning. This is how the paint settled at the bottom of the flat-bottomed bowl:


It looks to me like either something you’d find in outer space or at the bottom of the deep blue sea. Cool, huh?

No comments: