Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tomato Trio
now on auction!


Tomato Trio ©2010 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
4 x 4 • acrylic on Gessobord
©2010 Karen Mathison Schmidt
gloss varnish for UV protection and easy cleaning

Click here to bid

I’ve been keeping this one for myself since I painted it, because it’s just so cute and cheery it makes me smile, but I just decided to list it for auction on eBay.

As you can probably tell, I’ve decided to get serious about building up a presence on eBay, mainly for the worldwide audience. Some of eBay’s rules for sellers have changed since I first started selling my art there several years ago; it’s no longer an option for me to choose to pay more for my listings to jump to the top of the page they would normally be on in any given search by a buyer. This option will only be available to me after I achieve a feedback score of 100 or more, with 100% positive rating, then I have a chance to become a “Top-Rated Seller.”

So I’ve decided to plug away listing original art to build up a following there again ... and I may have to let a few pieces go at lower prices than usual for a while in order to achieve this goal ... but I’m confident that it will be totally worth it in the long run ... only time will tell!

No comments: