Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cheery colors on a dreary day

“The whole world, as we experience it visually, 
comes to us through the mystic realm of color.”

– HANS HOFMANN


“Color has taken possession of me; no longer do I have to chase after it. 
I know that it has hold of me forever... Color and I are one. 
I am a painter.”

– PAUL KLEE


Today, a dreary day here in northwest Louisiana, is the shortest day of the year  -- in fact, it’s barely 5:00 in the afternoon and already almost dark. The good news is that starting tomorrow we’ll have more and more daylight for a good six months!

*pause while I do the “now the days are going to be getting longer” dance*

Meanwhile, here are some shots of color to brighten your midwinter afternoon. As promised, these are more photos from my outing in the Norton Art Gallery gardens last Sunday afternoon.

So grab a cup of hot tea and take a color break ... Enjoy!




It was very quiet that day ... I only came across a handful of people enjoying the solitude 
while everybody else was out enjoying the shopping.











Quelle inspiration! 
I’ve already started on a couple of large paintings from these ... woo-hoo!

No comments: