Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beginning a new painting,
plus Mustachio amongst the daffodils



Morning Commute II • 16 x 20 inches • WORK IN PROGRESS

Morning Commute • first smaller painting, 5x7 acrylic

Above is the finished underpainting for my latest project, which is a larger version of one I did several years ago. It’s a commission, sort of. The local law firm of Cook, Yancey, King & Galloway has requested 16 x 20 prints of two of my paintings which they used in some literature and on their website a couple of years ago. The original painting of this (at left) was 5 x 7, much too small to make a good print in the larger size, and, since they said that a similar picture of the same subject will do, I’ve decided to make a new larger painting from the same reference photo, use that to make the print, and then sell the original painting. Whew, did you get all that?
And as an extra added bonus for this post, I’ve included a photo of Mustachio chilling amongst the daffodils. 


He followed me out to the pasture a couple days ago to help gather a bouquet for my Mom. After a while he completely lost interest in what I was doing and decided to do something much more important: relax and catch a few rays.

I don’t know about you, but I smell a daffodil-scented Mustachio painting in my not-too-distant future.





No comments: