Friday, May 11, 2012

Wicket finished!

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands.
When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands;
Then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat.
For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that.  

~W. DAYTON WEDGEFARTH


Wicket © 2012 Karen Mathison Schmidt
16 x 20 inches • oil on deep cradled GessobordTM

Just waiting for this one to dry before she gets shipped off to New Orleans!

Meanwhile, Amy Metz and I have been hammering out the final details of the initial sketch for her book cover. Today she gave me the okay to post work-in-progress photos of the paintings, which I’ll be starting very soon (as soon as I get the final OK on the sketches) ... VERY excited about this project!

2 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Aww what a sweet wee dog it will be treasured by it's new owner :)

Judy in MI/OH said...

So questioning. "Do you like me? Am I special? What do you think? And how are you? Is my dinner ready? Time for a walk?" :D Great expression.