Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just couldn’t resist ...

SOLD

Neighborhood Watch V: Roadie  © 2012 Karen Mathison Schmidt
7 x 5 inches • acrylic on GessobordTM

private collection • Stamford, Connecticut

I interrupted work on my iris paintings to do this little one today. (Even though I’m still without Photoshop I figured out how to adjust settings on the scanner for a suitable image. I still can’t scan and put together the larger paintings until I get my iMac back, but I can do fine on these smaller ones.) This morning after breakfast Roadie was sitting here in one of his favorite spots, looking out the living room window, and I just couldn’t resist this light. I must confess that the urn full of roses isn’t usually in this spot, but after I sneaked a couple of reference shots I ran to the hall and dragged them in for a little added interest.

And Roadie couldn’t resist the roses, of course. Before I knew it he had taken a few out of the urn. I rescued them from sure destruction, but not before I snapped this reference for another future painting ...


No comments: