Sunday, December 30, 2012

A new threshold


Threshold  © 2012 by Karen Mathison Schmidt, artist
12 x 16 inches • acrylic on archival, museum-quality cradled GessobordTM
gloss varnish for UV protection • sides painted dark umber
can be beautifully displayed with or without a frame

auction ends January 6

Whew! I can hardly believe the year is almost over ... I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I send my best wishes for a joyful new year! 

Oh, by the way, in case you were wondering about the last little changes to the painting in my last post (the difference between the last two progress pictures): 
1. I fixed the wall between Blue and the edge of the chair back - made it more pink
2. Blue now has two folds of skin showing to the left of his shoulder instead of three.
3. I made the part of the blanket just to the left of Blue’s front legs bluish instead of greenish.

Now, back to today’s painting: this is the pasture across the road after a couple of heavy rains. It started off as a late autumn landscape, but now that it’s finished it seems to have more of an early spring feel to me. Appropriate, because even though we’re officially just a few days into winter, spring is just around the corner and it will be here before I know it ... it’s TOTALLY true that the older you get, the faster time goes.

In fact, I’d better hit the hay because tomorrow morning will be here in no time!

Hasta mañana, amigos!

No comments: