Saturday, January 5, 2013

Unexpected blessings

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;

they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

LAMENTATIONS 3:22-24


SOLD

New Every Morning  © 2013 Karen Mathison Schmidt, artist
10 x 8 inches • acrylic on cradled GessobordTM

private collection • Saint Martinville, Louisiana


I had planned to work on something completely different yesterday, but when I finished feeding the dogs their breakfast and looked out over the fence, those original plans flew right out of my head. I ran upstairs to fetch my camera, put on my boots, and headed out to the pasture for a little impromptu photo session with these guys.

How could I resist?

 Work-in-progress photos to come ...

Happy painting!

No comments: