Thursday, February 7, 2013

A new Redbone Coonhound painting,
plus a new art print idea:
4-in-1 work-in-progress pop art prints

Two of a Kind • work-in-progress

This week I’ve been hard at work trying to finish my newly re-designed website; it’s getting near to being done, and I’m excited to unveil it soon! And today I started two new paintings: a large landscape and a painting of Sophie and Buster sunning on the back steps. I just noticed that in this initial sketch the shadows on Sophie’s neck and shoulder make it look like Buster is wearing Mickey Mouse ears. Hopefully that will change as I add more color :)

Recently I’ve had suggestions from several different readers and collectors that it might be interesting to make prints out of some of my step-by-step photos. Thank you all for this idea; I tried one for Squirrel Watchers, and I liked it so much that I did another for A Backward Glance.

These will be signed and numbered Limited Editions, limited to 25 in each of three sizes:
8 x 8, 12 x 12, and 16 x 16 inches. I’ve just added them to my eBay store.

Squirrel Watchers 4-in-1 Work-in-Progress Limited Edition Print
© 2013 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
12 x 12 inches • signed & numbered by the artist



A Backward Glance 4-in-1 Work-in-Progress Limited Edition Print
© 2013 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
12 x 12 inches • signed & numbered by the artist

No comments: