Friday, February 22, 2013

Surprise!

SOLD

Perennial Joy  © 2013 Karen Mathison Schmidt, artist
6 x 6 inches • oil on archival, museum-quality GessobordTM

private collection • Shreveport, Louisiana


... or maybe you totally saw this daffodil painting coming.

After working on my Threshold of Glory landscape for a day or two, I found myself getting bogged down and fussing around too much with detail, so I decided to step back from it for the time being, and work on some sort of abstract-y, expressionist-y paintings to shake that nit-picky mood and cleanse my palate. (Or palette, maybe?) Then I can go back to that one with refreshed eyes.

I’ve been a busy art bee the last couple of days: 

• I thoroughly enjoyed painting these joyful jonquils (you can see a close-up detail below) ...

• plus I started a new horse painting ... 

• plus I finished the logo for our church’s upcoming Women’s Night Out event, the theme of which is an apropos reminder NOT to let myself get into a creativity rut (if there even is such a thing!)



Happy Painting!

3 comments:

T said...

Looks like my dining room table, thanks to you!

Karen M Schmidt said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your "jocund company," Tracy!

Fuzz said...

Love the daffs!