Saturday, November 2, 2013

So little time, so much to paint!

Garden of Grace (Commission) © Karen Mathison Schmidt, artist
16 x 20 inches • oil on cradled GessobordTM

Well, we’re back up and running after some electrical problems, and then a week of no internet. Whew!

Here (except for a couple of minor adjustments, which I’ll show after I do the final final version) is the finished garden painting, which will soon be winging its way to South Carolina. 

I have several projects standing in line: today I’m working on a horse named Sophie, and after that I plan to finish the painting of Andy sleeping that I started a while back. Then Jo in a basket of flowers, the large lakeside garden painting I have sketched out, and this:

So I better stop sitting around blogging and get smurfin’!

Happy painting!


2 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It's just gorgeous and I know will be much loved and enjoyed by the recipient :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Thank you, Elizabeth! I really enjoyed painting all the nooks and crannies of this one :)