Thursday, February 20, 2014

Daffodil time!

A house with daffodils is a house lit up, 
whether or no the sun be shining outside.

A. A. MILNE

Debutantes WORK-IN-PROGRESS • 12 x 36 inches • oil on GessobordTM

Still working on  the Fringe Benefits cat painting work-in-progress slide show. Meanwhile, here’s a sneak peek at my new daffodil painting in progress.

Love those sunny blooms against that purple underpainting!

Daffodil time is just about my favorite time of year. I really enjoy this last stretch of winter when fewer and fewer frosty days are scattered among more and more springlike days, and before mosquitoes take over for the summer. Over the last few years it’s become kind of a tradition that the first jonquil bouquet of the season goes to my friend Connie, so this one went to her last night. Sweet!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a beautiful start. Looking at those daffodils makes me happy! Great job.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara B said...

I love the sketchy stage!