Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Midnight painting gone fauve

SOLD

Coffee, Tea or Me  © 2014 Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 inches • oil on 1/8" GessobordTM
private collection • Salem, Oregon

Another alla prima painting; I’ve been trying to train myself not to be so nit-picky by giving myself a goal of finishing all in one sitting – well, not counting taking time out for dinner, that is. This means also learning to see more clearly, to simplify and make quicker color decisions. This one was mega fun, with all Bailey’s beautiful markings. Some of you who have been following me for a while will remember that Bailey is no longer with us, but I’ve got hundreds of photos of her that are a remembrance and continuing inspiration for fauvalistic paintings like this one!

I’ve also been continuing work on the larger daffodil painting … I’ll be showing that one again when it’s finished.

Later, taters!


No comments: