Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dilly the Dog painting almost finished

Some of our greatest treasures we place in museums.
Others we take for walks.

APlaceToLoveDogs.com

Dilly WORK-IN-PROGRESS • 8 x 10 inches • oil on cradled GessobordTM

Last week I spent all week getting ready for the home-and-garden sale we had on Saturday. Some friends came out to help, which made it a lot more fun, and seeing as how the main purpose of the sale was ending up with less stuff it was a roaring success!

So much so that it has taken me a few days to recover my energy.

Today I finally got back to the easel in earnest and the result is that this painting is oh-so-close to being finished. The painting so far had had time to dry in my absence, so today I was able to add some oil glazes to heighten some of the color and give some of the highlights a sunny glow. I plan to finish tomorrow, the good Lord willin’ and the creeks don’t rise …

Sweet dreams!

No comments: