Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mist Slowly Rising

I found I could say things with color and shapes that 
I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.

GEORGIA O’KEEFE

SOLD

Mist Slowly Rising  © 2015 Karen Mathison Schmidt
12 x 12 x 1.5 inches • oil on 1.5" deep cradled GessobordTM
private collection • Vallejo, California

Here’s another view of the bayou down the road from us, right where the pasture ends and the woods begin. Or maybe it’s where the woods end and the pasture begins.

Depends on which way you’re going, I guess!

This is another alla prima (wet into wet) painting, using some of the impressionist color techniques I learned in the Susan Sarback workshop. FUN!


I also finished the Matilda painting today, but haven’t got the final photo yet, so I’ll be posting that tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!


No comments: