Monday, May 16, 2016

Out of left field ...

California Medley © 2016 Karen Mathison Schmidt
12 x 9 x 1.5 inches • oil on 1.5" deep cradled Museum Series (archival) GessobordTM
gloss varnish (UV protective)
sides painted dark umber • can be displayed with or without a frame

$250

from my eBay store

This may seem like it came completely out of left field, and it did. While I was downloading Savannah photos from my camera, I came across some from our California trip last fall that were still on the flash card, and this painting was inspired by one of those. I really had fun playing with shapes and textures in this. 

Now I’m working on a large Louisiana woodland painting and a small Savannah landscape at the same time. Working with the different color schemes and textures is keeping me on my artistic toes, for sure!

2 comments:

Leslie Bishop said...

Love the colors in this! And the Great Dane below is wonderful, too. I'm so glad to see you up and at it again! Hope you are settling in nicely.

Karen M Schmidt said...

Thanks so much, Leslie! I'm doing my best to get back into the studio routine :)