Monday, June 6, 2016

Spring break on the threshold of summer

I must have flowers, always and always.

CLAUDE MONET

Sun Catcher  ©2016 Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 inches • oil on ⅛" GessobordTM
gloss varnish (UV protective)

eBay auction ends evening of June 13

After a few days of rain, the sun made an appearance today, making for an absolutely splendid afternoon for painting!

After continuing on the Chihuahua commission for most of the day, I stepped away just for a bit for a little “spring break.” I felt so joyful here on the threshold of summer, remembering these favorite heralds of early spring.

Attempting to capture the personality of this big, bold daffodil with loose, thick, painterly brushstrokes will help me to avoid getting too nit-picky when I return to my larger painting of Tabasco the chihuahua in the morning. Check back tomorrow for more progress on that one!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

WOW! composition...design...color.....perfect.